Monday, October 17, 2011

What? Me stressed?

It's been tough to find time to write an update lately. There is so much going on right now, and being sick last week made it worse. Now I have to play 'catch-up' for all the things I didn't get done because I wasn't feeling well.

I'm determined to be kind to myself, and just do what I can, one thing at a time, and accept that's the way it's just going to have to be. I've been thinking a lot lately about the role stress plays in health - including weight. I'm working to reduce the sources of stress that I can, and moderate my reactions to the stresses I can't eliminate.

It's not always easy, but it is important, so I'm working on it. More detail to follow.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Suncat,
    I don't see that going to 4 meals per day or having the pre bedtime snack as going off No S. You are just listening to your body & doing what it needs. I often have a small meal at about 3pm as I get really shaky at that time of day. For me a small meal is a healthy carb & 1-2 oz of protein. For me, failure means going to non-hunger eating.
    Linda45

    Don't get discouraged. Feel free to PM me anytime. I love all the support you give us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. That's just the kind of thing I keep trying to tell myself - but I don't always listen, so it's good to hear it from someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though we are few in number on this board we are still not alone. I check the site daily and am always encouraged when you have checked in. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I was feeling quite lousy there for a while, and didn't even feel like post, but I am doing much better now. I am planning to do an update next week.

    ReplyDelete