Monday, March 5, 2012

I Surrender!

I give up. I've obsessed, fussed, resolved, analyzed and spent hours again on the diet websites. So......... I make a public commitment to do NoS Vanilla one day at a time for these last weeks before Easter. This is in many ways a spiritual journey, a fast if you like. Not so much about food but about fasting the hours of mental obsession. I turn again to a season of thankfulness for where God has taken me in the last 18 months- still 70-75 lbs down, but more importantly I can do life normally- walking, shopping, taking care of my grandchildren, playing with them. Yes, there are the normal aches and pains of an almost 67 yr old lady.

I choose to enter the joy of thanksgiving. I AM NORMAL. Today I choose to surrender to normaiity One meal and one thought at a time.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like we've been going through something similar -the desire to tweak - and found it not only complicates things - it's just plain no fun!

    I am so impressed by your loss so far and I love the idea of focusing on joy and thankfulness. Keep us informed of how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at that place where I could lose another 20 lbs but at my age (66) it's really hard to do & no matter what I do the weight doesn't want to go. The inches are coming off & my doctor is thrilled with all the health changes. It's really a challenge to decide that health & maintaining the health is the goal and not anymore weight loss. I'm so thankful for NoS that gives me the freedom to just fully embrace life.

      Delete