Wednesday, February 22, 2012

If It Ain't Broke...

I don't know why I get the urge to tinker with NoS when it's been working so well for me.  I was in a comfortable routine and the scale was going down - even if it was very slow and irregular. Between age and hypothyroidism weight loss is especially difficult to achieve, so slow or not, I was very happy with it.

But eventually I felt the urge to tweak. Of course, this tweaking involved adding more rules. More restrictions. If basic NoS is working, cutting a bit more here and there should work better. Right?

Wrong.

Maybe for some people, but not for me, and not long term. It works for a while, but then feelings of deprivation - either real or imagined - set in. Perfectionism reappears, followed by all or nothing thinking. The results are not pretty.

So here I am, finding my way back to what worked for me.

2 comments:

  1. As I posted today, I went back and read you recent posts., Suncat. I agree - why am so so prone to fixing what isn't broke. With you I choose to keep it simple - NoS - I can do it anywhere with freedom and with joy. With you I choose to embrace the simplicity and just be normal. Thanks so much for your honesty and for keeping this little group alive and growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying this. I have to admit I have been getting discouraged. It's good to have you back posting.

    ReplyDelete