Monday, February 20, 2012

Sugar, Sugar

I saw this article the other day. I'm not crazy about the title, but the graph is interesting. Here's a quote:

".....It's a remarkably straight line, increasing steadily from 6.3 pounds per person per year in 1822 to a maximum of 107.7 lb/person/year in 1999.  Wrap your brain around this: in 1822, we ate the amount of added sugar in one 12 ounce can of soda every five days, while today we eat that much sugar every seven hours."

I've been thinking of doing an experiment to see how much sugar my family goes through on average. I know it would only be an estimate, but I think it would be interesting.

How do you think your sugar consumption compares to this statistic? Do you feel it's changed significantly since you began the NoS Diet?

No comments:

Post a Comment