Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 54

Day 54 of the 100 Day Challenge. Well, as Linda the Legalist would tell you it was actually 105 days from Sept 12- Dec 25. But she has given up the obsessive counting of statistics except for a gentle tick on the calendar to indicate days of success.

What's happened in these 53 days?
1. I hit Onderland & have a 65-70 lb weight loss. I've been on a frustrating plateau for weeks.

2. I've redefined the No Snack rule. A snack is ANY non-hunger eating event.

3. I've come to terms with how small the portions need to be to continue to lose weight. I'm 66 and still have about 20lbs to lose to reach a REASONNABLE weight for me.

4. I'm really struggling with my new body image. It's been 33 years since I've been this small. All my clothes are swimming on me & yet shopping is still a fearful place for me. My comfortable fat lady store no longer has clothes for me & to figure out ordinary stores & to shop based on what I like instead of by a number ( 1X- 2X- 3X- 4). I really need a new song in my head.

I so appreciate Suncat starting this challenge. It's not too late for others to join in because numbers DON'T MATTER!

2 comments:

  1. It's good to hear your progress. Thanks for the post full of successes.

    Actually, the 100 days had nothing whatever to do with Christmas. It was just incidental that after I counted out 100 days on the calender I realised it was 105 days to Christmas :) I didn't intend for the challenge to go to Christmas - just 100 days - whatever days they were.

    I was hoping to write a 'halfway there' post the other day, but I didn't manage it. Glad you put one in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! No deadline. So I have 47 days of success out of the 53. With determination I will get tom100 days of success by New Years! Maybe I'll be at my goal by then. The good thing is that the months when I lost REALLY SLOWLY showed me that this is a lifestyle I can maintain for the rest of my life. Very freeing!

    ReplyDelete