Wednesday, November 9, 2011

MIA

I know it looks as if I am Missing in Action. Well, life has handed me another detour. I am out of state taking care of elderly parent for awhile....making a change from assisted living to nursing care for the next month or so.  I have been without internet for over 2 weeks...talk about withdrawal symptoms!

The good news is that NoS habits have been my lifeline. The last time I was in this situation (when Dad had stroke)  I wasn't established in the habits and put on 30 lbs. Even though I am having to cook in an efficiency type apartment...induction burner, microwave, small refrigerator, bathroom sink...I have managed to stay on plan. I stayed in the hospital as caregiver 20 out of 24 hours for 10 days and the no snacking rule stayed in place. I claim a huge victory. As others have mentioned, I think the no snack rule is the key to success in weight loss and management.

As I have mentioned before, I don't break the pattern on S Days and that is still working for me too. I enjoy reading the updates you ladies share here. When I can get more time, I will contribute again.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success in staying on plan in a very challenging situation. I absolutely agree that the No Snack rule is the key to this program. I've been where you are- in the midst of the sandwich generation. I'll keep you in my prayers; especially that you will find places of rest & comfort as you go through this time of stress and I'm sure loss & grief with your mother. Find ways to be good to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Sojourner I've checked out your other blog Belief in Progress. I think we are on the same page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have had more than your share of challenges recently. I am glad eating hasn't been one of them, though.

    I hope your family situation improves soon and look forward to reading your updates when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete