Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Next 100 Days

Did you know there are 105 days til Christmas? No? Neither did I until I counted them, although the reason I counted them had nothing to do with Christmas at all. It had to do with this post on the No S forum.

I saw it a few days ago and since then the words '100 days of success' have been rattling around in my head. The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea.

I started by defining success:

  • Confine eating occasions to meals 
  • Confine desserts to weekends
  • 'Exercise' three days a week
  • Go out and play with my family at least once a week, hopefully more: tennis, bicycle, after dinner walk, etc- although by the end of the 100 days, this might mean building a snowman!
  • Get to bed before 11 pm. 
I didn't mention seconds, because that has never been an issue for me.  'Dessert' means cakes, pies, cookies, etc. Fruit desserts and 70% dark chocolate are exceptions unless I decide otherwise. 

I'm posting this a day early in case anyone wants to join with me. But you don't have to start the same day or have many goals. Any day, any goal(s), just jump in where you are. Write us a comment or use  #100daysofsuccess on twitter. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to join you. Success for me will be :
    Confine eating to meals.
    Sweets/snacks only on weekends.
    Fourteen minutes of exercise 3x per week.
    One afternoon of artwork weekly.

    This is exciting!! Also, very doable. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, I'm glad you're joining in. I think it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete