Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Go Figure

As I mentioned in a previous post  my first week back at work with my new schedule was something less than a rousing success.  I had tried to stick with No S, but I just wasn't successful at all. I was hungry hours before meals but didn't feel like eating when it came time to eat. I was unusually tired during the day and it didn't help that I started waking at 3 am which I haven't done in quite a while. The second week I decided to just bag the whole thing and allow my new circumstances to settle.

So for the next week I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and slept as much as I could. I didn't try to exercise, other than an after dinner walk one evening. I went to the pool once, but you can hardly call floating around on a lounger 'swimming', so I'm not counting that.

This week I'm back to No S - easily going up to 7 hours between meals without a problem. I've also stopped waking at night - and feeling like falling asleep during the day. Perhaps the weirdest thing though is that after about 10 days of this, I was sure I'd have gained weight. Instead I found I'd lost 2.5 pounds.

Sometimes the most unexpected things work. Have you ever had to 'shake things up' a bit in order to get back into your routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment