Friday, June 17, 2011

First Friday

Today is the final 'N' day of my first week since restarting NoS so I'm taking the opportunity to look back at my first five days - and look ahead to the weekend.

I can't help but compare my first week this time around with my first, first week and noticing how much easier it was this time around. The things I learned from that first week have come back to me, and other than a couple of minor hiccups, things have gone very smoothly.

One hiccup, of course, was the tennis day. That day got off to such a bad start, I never did get it totally back on track. I had a big lunch and made it through the afternoon, but then we had an early dinner which left me needing something to eat before bed. Knowing how hunger keeps me awake at night, I decided sleep was more important than keeping my calendar green, so I had some fruit and nuts before bed.

One thing that has changed since my original NoS experience is the evolution of Friday in our family routine. One particularly nice day last fall  I picked my son up from school and we went for a walk then stopped at the bakery (a really good family bakery that makes quality pastries - nothing ordinary like doughnuts and cookies) where we bought chocolate croissants for tea. Gradually we began doing this more often, until, like our Friday dinners out,  it became a regular thing. I've thought about this, and I've decided I'm keeping it.

This weekend, of course, is Father's Day. Saturday we have plans to be out and about. I'll probably pack a picnic lunch. Sunday I hope we do very little. We've gotten behind on our gardening so maybe a little of that. Hopefully laze around the pool. We've had even less pool time than gardening time. Scones and clotted cream for tea - grill steaks for dinner - chocolate chip pie for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment