Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday already?

For the first time this week, there is nothing on my calendar. No appointments, no lessons, nothing scheduled. There are things I could do and things I should do, but nothing I must do. After a busy week, it feels great.

I've not been idle this morning, though. After a week of quick breakfasts of granola and yogurt, today I fixed a big breakfast. I have bread baking in the oven and a load of laundry ready to hang on the line. Other than cleaning my car, my only other plan is to find a nice spot at the pool and spend the afternoon there. 

But first, it's time to review my NoS week which unfortunately, began with a fail. The only explanation I have for it is that I weighed myself that morning. This can be a dumb thing for many people to do after an extravagant S day the previous day but really asking for trouble if one is the type whose whole day can be affected depending on what the scale says. I've always known the scale was trouble for me. Whether it's up or down, the result is the same. I should really just give up on the idea that the scale and I can coexist (at least for now) and just get rid of the thing. 

The rest of the week went better. I didn't have any trouble Tuesday after tennis. I didn't even need lunch until after 1. The only grey area was a couple of bites of an ice cream cone (with a bit of flake included) after dinner Wednesday. I decided it was allowed. We'd been out all afternoon in the hot sun. I didn't feel like having an ice cream cone to myself - too hot to eat - the taste I had was really enough. 

Though the week was a success in NoS terms, I rate it pretty low in other areas. We were out so much this week, we ate out much more than I'd like. Even in 'good' places, the food isn't as good as what we eat at home, and the good places are quite a drain on the finances. I'd like to balance that out better in the future.  

Guess I'd better go pack a lunch for the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment