Saturday, June 18, 2011

No S and me

What a strange plan this seems to be..or so I thought when I first heard about noS. I had a friend that I had met on a Weight Watchers site where everyone seemed to be "sweet young things" but us! We began writing to each other.. sharing information.. buying books and DVDs... and actually became good friends. She decided to try this No S diet..I laughed and continued doing my slip shod job of counting whatever it was I was counting at the time.. points.. calories..ounces... whatever. She had lost 45 pounds and I had gained 20! I sent for the book the next day. Was I as successful as my friend? No.. not yet anyhow. I think I joined in 2008. I got smug and quit in a few months..returned.. thought I had it figured out..didn't (by a long shot) and returned again.. and again..and again. It has taken me until the last time I joined several months ago to realize that eating for me is a mind game. It has little to do with food and being hungry. I needed a plan that put me in charge of success or failure on terms of my choosing and this is it! This is a plan that you must invest yourself into. You can't go about it as a spectator: it must become a part of you. I hope that is what is happening to me!

1 comment:

  1. "I needed a plan that put me in charge of success or failure on terms of my choosing"

    I really like how you said this. It IS our choosing. Here's to choosing success every single day!

    ReplyDelete