Thursday, June 23, 2011

Off To A Bad Start

Everything is easier if there is a pattern in daily life, isn't it? that is one of the reasons No S is so great..it sets up a simple pattern so there is little thinking: eat three times a day and don't snack. In fact that often seems to easy so we (I) start tweaking... and that means trouble! This Monday morning, I waa elated because I had reached my personal goal of keeping to the No S plan for 21 day (my "tweak" is that I "float" S days but still only have two a week) and I walked-for-the-sake of walking 5 days a week...and I lost 4 pounds over those 21 days! Good for me, right? Wrong! I completely fizzled! I did walk on Monday but then I also ate ice cream..with caramel sauce..and whipped cream..and nuts..and don't forget a cherry on top! And..I ate this at night. Here's the thing: I need to take meds if I use milk products and night eating is something I really worked on making a thing of the past. Tuesday was an Ok day but, since I ate all that ice ream at night, I really wasn't hungry for breakfast and so ended up moving all my meals to later times which meant I was once again eating later than 7pm (I like that to be my cut-off time) and, once again, not hungry for breakfast on Wednesfay morning! My solution (bad) was to eat anyway... never good and to eat mindlessly..also not good...and that included another round of ice cream in the evening. I got on the scale this morning (Thursday) and I had gained 3 pounds since my low on monday morning. I know I haven't been drinking the amount ofwater I usually drink..I know I have been eating more salty foods than usual but this is still not what I wanted to see! I have only myself to blame but I know if I linger on those thoughts, I will end up turning to food again!
I am a master at sabotaging myself! Today, I pulled myself up by my sneaker laces and took myself out for a long walk and talk. I am going to move on in a good way. I will have used up my two S days for the week on my 2 ice cream extravaganzas. It will do me good to be aware that I must stay with plain "3 plates and that is it" for the rest of the week. No one is perfect at this and I must take a look at why I will not let myself succeed at this for longer than 21 days. I'm hoping I can begin to figure that out in the course of the next three weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I tend to do that whenever I measure anything - whether it's days on habit or what the scale says. I'll be thinking more about this in the next day or so. It will probably turn up as a blog post...

    Hope the rest of your week is going better.

    ReplyDelete