Thursday, August 25, 2011

Every Bite Counts

"Every Bite Counts" has been part of my signature at Everyday Systems blog for quite awhile now. At first that was meant as a reminder to help establish the no snacking and no seconds habit. And then I used it to make sure that on my S Days any splurges I might choose were really worthy. Now when I think of every bite counting I think of making sure what I feed myself is good for my body.

You see, I have no calories to spare like I used to when I was a young thing. I have monitored my 3 plates for 10 months now mainly for information. For instance in the last quarter (May 25-August 25) I have averaged 1341 calories daily. This has been all nutritious food..no junk. And I have gained 2 lbs. I am assuming this is not a real gain, but just a 2 lb. fluctuation. Nonetheless, it is obvious that I will not lose weight on 1341 calories. My choices: try to get calorie count lower? don't think so Maybe up the exercise? I am still recovering from a broken foot bone and cannot walk for exercise, but I can work on this some. Get happy where I am? Maybe. I am just 4 lbs. over the BMI suggestions for normal weight, but I am 20 lbs. over my normal adult weight. I think it is just hard for a 64 yr. old to eat what I used to. My appetite and desire stays the same, but I just don't burn it off.

Conclusion: Just keep on NoSing and don't fret. I am healthy, don't look fat, can wear size 12 clothing. And lest I forget, I have lost over 40 lbs. since last October! My body will do its own thing, but I still have to be aware that Every Bite Counts. If I don't, then I will not just maintain, I will gain bigtime.

1 comment:

  1. I weighed myself Monday and I'm up two pounds as well. I don't think it's 'real' weight either - and I don't think I'm fooling myself. Now that I'm back at work, I'm wearing all the same clothes I wore to work back in May and haven't worn since. Everything fits just fine - maybe even a bit better. I blame it on possibly some increased muscle from strength training over the summer, or that fact that it's close to 100 degrees where I live and my building has no air.

    ReplyDelete