Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Foodspiration!


Every Friday at LWNoS, we will have a post dedicated to 'Foodspiration'. It's a chance for the No S community to share menus, meals, recipes and even post plate photos to be included in our slideshow at the top of the page.

There are many ways to participate:
  • share any or all of your meals for the week in the comments 
  • if you plan meals in advance, share your menu ideas for the coming week
  • submit a recipe or a plate photo with information explaining which meal it is and what is on the plate, to nosladies dot gmail dot com.  Photos will be added to the slideshow and recipes will be available in google docs
  • if  you have a No S blog, share a link to your blog, or 
  • just check in on Fridays and have a look around. If you see a meal that inspires you, feel free to ask for details and recipes in the comments 
So try a new recipe. Snap a plate photo or two. But most of all, share and enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a photo or a lovely plate to share, but here is how I have prepared for the first week of school for my husband.

    I made a breakfast casserole of eggs, sausage, cheese, and green chiles. It keeps all week in the refrigerator. So now when he leaves too early for breakfast at home he can take this with him and avoid the McD's drive thru!

    Also for packed lunches, I have just discovered Hormel's Natural Choice Deli selections. We have tried the Hard Salami, the Roast Beef, and the Ham. Gluten Free No Nitrates or Nitrites, No MSG. I can only find these at our local WalMart. He will use this for a roll up or add to a tossed salad along with fruit and cheese. Actually he is gluten free for now and uses a lettuce leaf to roll up meat and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breakfast casserole sounds great! I love green chilis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinners for the week ahead: Pork Chops (I didn't get a chance to cook them this week, so I've bumped them to next week); toad-in-the-hole; cobb salad and grilled sausages (whatever interesting kind the butcher made this week, although I'm hoping he made chipotle and cherry again). Dessert this week will be birthday cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could edit my comment. Looking at that, I realize the sausages are a mistake - it's supposed to be grilled chicken with lime and rosemary. I've already bought the limes :)

    ReplyDelete