Monday, August 22, 2011

Fall Ahead

Temperatures are in the 90s here, but the days are shorter, yellow leaves are starting to appear and as of today, school is back in session. As Sojourner mentioned in the comments last week, for many of us, this time of year can feel even more like the start of a new year than January 1 does. I've often felt that way, and this year is no exception.

You're no doubt familiar with the phrase 'Spring Ahead, Fall Back' that helps people know which way to adjust their clocks when daylight saving times begins and ends. I'm feeling quite enthusiastic today, so rather than thinking of falling back - I'm looking ahead. Summer has been lovely and much as I don't want to see it end, I find myself looking forward to fall specialties -  crunchy leaves, backyard bonfires (no mosquitos!), and the golden glow of aspen trees. To  cozy sweaters, hot chocolate and other  comforting, cool weather foods. And to that favorite of parents everywhere - the return of structure and routine to family life.

I've got my goals (health/fitness and otherwise) lined out for the month and I'm ready to give it my best. I've even set up a habitcal, which I haven't used in quite some time. 

Here's to old routines and new challenges. Happy (almost) fall, everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment