Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Whatever the Weather..

It was an absolutely gorgeous day here! There was a breeze, the sun was shining, the temperature was reasonable.,..and no absolutely no humidity! I felt fabulous! I had coffee outside first thing in the morning. I went to yoga class. I cleaned out the car. I washed clothes. I scrubbed bathrooms. I worked in the gardens. I made a lovely frittata for lunch and a yummy veggie and chicken stir fry for dinner. I didn't think of food or eating except at meal time. I am feeling content and happy with the world.
How is this different than yesterday? Extrnally, only the weather has changed but my attitude toward just about everything has done a big turn around. I need to make a plan so that the weather doesn't rule my attitudes. I'm not sure how I can do this. I have air conditioning and heat to keep me comfortable, but nothing is better than being able to open the windows and let the fresh air into the house.. or having meals outdoors..or just relaxing in a hammock under the trees. I'm going to have to learn to not let the weather get me down and head me down that path toward the refrigerator! This may be a bigger problem for me than I believed it to be and I need to take it seriously! For now, I am heading to the outdoors to enjoy the evening and watch the sunset. Wishing you a sunny day and a starry night!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm so glad you had a great day yesterday, and I hope you're having an equally good one, today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was another beautiful day! Decided to make blueberry(fresh) pancakes(Fiber One mix) for breakfast and topped mine with apple sauce. I think I like them better with apple sauce than syrup. spent the afternoon working in the yard and am ready to shower and relax with a book.
    I just completed the first week of my ongoing 21 day (3 week)plan..I think I'll write about my method of tracking..anyhow...it wasn't a particularly "good" week, NoS wise, and my weight remains the same. No surprise there. I am amazed it wasn't up a bit. Soooo..another day and all is well. I hate to think the weather is so important to my well being but I do believe it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m glad you had another good day. I had nice weather, but I wasn't feeling well this morning. I went to tennis, but didn't play. I read a bit, had some lunch, then later I did a bit of gardening - the heavy kind. When I got done I was hungry, tired, dirty, hot and covered in mosquito bites. So we jumped in the car and went to the pool. While we were there, I had a Klondike and after dinner, I had popcorn. It was just one of those days.

    ReplyDelete