Friday, July 15, 2011

letting my guard down

In my last post, I wrote about how I was pretty successful with my eating plan while juggling company and their needs and letting myself not have to be in charge of everything and everybody. I was pretty complacent.. and I just let my old self take over and I spent the day grazing through all the left-overs I could find! Almost empty bags of chips.. Coke/diet Coke/caffeine free Coke.. pasta, olives, cheeses, chocolate torte, salmon, ..I could go on and on. Why did I do this? I sure don't know! I will work on trying to figure it out but I am not going to dwell on that one day of damage! If I did that, I would probably continue the spree and begin a downward spiral of grazing every day. My choice was to acknowledge what I had done..no excuses.. it is what I, for some reason, chose to do and I am responsible.. period. That said, I am moving on. The page is turned and I'm not looking back.. only forward. I am the only one in charge of me.

2 comments:

  1. I have also experienced this "let down" after the event. It seems that I do well in the preparation stage and the "during" stage, but the levee seems to break the day after. As much as I am aware of this it just happened to me again...no need to go into the details but it involved out of state trip, elder care, and my father's 95th birthday. I agree that getting back on track quickly after the fall is a victory. I remember a time when candy season started at Halloween and lasted until Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true, Sojourner! It is said that recognizing the problem is half the battle so I guess we are half way there.. although I think this last have is all uphill! I still am not sure what I am going to do with that, "whew, that is over and I did a great job" feeling..and what I guess is a need for a reward? I'm going to hve to think about this because it is one of my problem areas. Yep, that candy season was a real downfall! I think the invention of those bite sized bars was such a bad thing! who could stop at one? Two? ..maybe half a bag! If i would have bought just one regular sized bar..I would have just eaten that. Now, candy bars don't interest me much at all. Yeah for that!

    ReplyDelete