Sunday, July 3, 2011

Stressful meal times

This is more than a Fourth of July holiday for me. Family will be gathered at our home, off and on, for two weeks. Sometimes there will be only two or three extra folks around..but on some days there will be ten or more. My frig is overflowing with food and the logistics of keeping everyone's schedule straight has me a bit dazed.
Here is a problem I face at times ..I am making sure everyone is fed and happy and really am not relaxed enough to sit down and enjoy a meal. I do sit down and "eat" but, I'm really just picking at the food. Then..at about 9P.M., when things are quieting down... wham!! I realize I am hungry. The easiest thing to grab are the desserts.. not at all good!! I don't sleep well when I eat at night. I make bad choices on what I'm eating. It is not a habit I want to return to using.
In reality, I know that this is a short term problem. I am enjoying the cooking with kids and grandkids. I just can't (won't) let go of being the person in charge when my kitchen is involved. Today, is a picnic at a friend's home and I have my contribution ready to go. Tomorrow will be a hot dog roast here with family and friends and I hope, since it is outside around our fire pit, I can just relax and enjoy the whole thing... and eat at meal time! I'm not going to let myself go into "diet mode" and stress about measure each item I choose to eat. I am going to recognize this as a problem area for me and come up with a plan to make this a non-issue. Realizing this is a problem area for me, is a step in the right direction. Wishing everyone a step-in-the-right-direction in whatever problems you are trying to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment