Thursday, July 14, 2011

Reflections

With my first month of No S behind me, I've been taking the opportunity to reflect on those early weeks and formulate some goals for the month(s) ahead.

Overall, I feel quite satisfied with how things have gone. If I was keeping a habitcal, I would have had to mark only three red days in the first two weeks, but none since then. Weekends were about 50/50 - some tame ones, and some wild ones, too.

In spite of uncooperative weather, I've managed to be fairly active. We've been for a few walks and bike-rides, gone swimming, played tennis and done quite a lot of gardening. I've also been doing HIIT once a week, and some strength training with basic bodyweight exercises a couple of times a week.

Weight loss is only a pound, but any loss is a success as far as I'm concerned. It can take as long as it needs to. After all, it's not like I'm hungry, deprived or even inconvenienced. If anything, I feel quite well and strong. I have enough energy to get through my day, my clothes fit better and I am even starting to feel an occasional muscle here and there. I suspect the scale is not telling the whole story.

Which brings me nicely to my next topic. The scale. I have decided I really am going to stop weighing myself so often. I'd like to stop weighing altogether, but for now I'll be going with once a month.

Other than putting the scale away, I don't feel there are any big changes I need to (or even should) make at this time. Over the next month I plan to continue with what I've been doing to allow my new habits and routines to become more firmly established. There will be enough change at the end of the month when I go back to work.

It is also officially a month since I began contributing to NoS Ladies. We've had a great response. In the three weeks since it went 'live' we've had nearly 300 viewers in a dozen countries, which is quite amazing. However, I've decided it's missing something - photos. So the only other change I'm considering for now is to add a photo to my posts when I can.

As always, if you have questions or comments, we'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment