Sunday, July 31, 2011

still learning

I just had a week full of company, food, sitting around and gabbing, having a few drinks.. in general, having fun and fellowship with folks we don't often see. Did I eat too much? Yep! Did I drink too much? Yep! Did I get my 30 minutes of walking in? Nope.
It would be very easy for me to decide to give up NoS at this point and call myself a failure and eat my way through a loaf of bread! But, I am not going to do that!
I could get on the scale and make myself feel even worse. But, I am not going to do that either!
Here is what I am going to do: Tomorrow morning I will get up and shower, have a reasonable breakfast and go to yoga class (for the first time in a month.. I have had something going on every yoga day!). I will hit the farm market and load up on produce. I'm going to get my 30 minute walk in and enjoy a coffee with a friend in the afternoon. I will make a healthy dinner and enjoy it with hubby. I will give myself some time to meditate and contemplate. I will assess my day at day's end.
Here is what I will not do: I will not go near the scale for a week. I will not lament the fact that I let the last week" get away from me" (I did the best I could each day.. that is all I can expect from myself or anyone else,) in terms of following my No S plan. I will not deprive myself this week because of my actions last week. That week is over and done with... I can't change what happened then, I can only change what is happening now.
Moving on--one step at a time--some steps are just bigger than others!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that your choices are all positive and that you have solutions to take your forward. As you know, I did not have a great week last week - and the weekend was not great, either. I even missed the farmers market. There is such a strong feeling of wanting to just 'wallow' in it - but I will not be giving in.

    ReplyDelete