Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekends and Water Weight

Am I the only one who feels the need for a day off to recover from days off? Saturday was a 'work on the yard' day for us. I didn't plan it that way, but somehow it just evolved that way. So, from 10 am to about 4.30 pm we chopped, lopped, raked and shoveled. We moved plants, trimmed trees and shrubs, cleared debris and removed a couple of  scraggly, overgrown junipers. After that we cooled off in the pool, then wound up the day with dinner and a movie.

Sunday we didn't do much. We really needed it after our day Saturday. Monday we went for a hike. Temps were in the mid-nineties even in the mountains. We walked for about four hours, taking occasional dips in the creek to cool off. We had late lunch at our favorite pizza place, then after a little rest and much needed showers, we went out to watch fireworks.

Today is getting off to a slow start. So slow, I haven't even decided what I'm going to think about possibly adding to my 'to do list'.

I did weigh this morning, which, on reflection, was perhaps not one of my more brilliant ideas. Though I ate little in the way of actual food this weekend, the combination of pizza, cinema popcorn, high temperatures and all the water and tea I was guzzling last night could hardly not result in a weight gain - and all of it likely to be water weight.

And weight gain is just what I saw. Although I know it's not 'real', it doesn't exactly make my day, especially this early on. If I'd lost five or ten pounds, a few ounces wouldn't be such a big deal, but at this stage it wipes out the whole loss so far..and two ounces more.

Do you notice large weight fluctuations that are most likely water? Are you able to ignore it, or does it affect your day - or even your week? Maybe you have suggestions you'd like to share with your waterlogged friends? Comments are welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment